Friday, January 27, 2012

Jamie Oliver's Lamb Rack Recipe




This is a recipe straight off Jamie Oliver's website... I didn't cut and paste so don't hold me responsible if the wording isn't exactly the same - anyway, as you probably know I'm terrible at following recipes to a T and love to add a bit of a story! This is an amazing meal for entertaining as everything is in one roasting dish in the oven and it tastes so yummy. You can prep up to the point of roasting and then chuck it in the oven when your guests arrive - there's zero mess and timing is taken care of.


Rack of Lamb


10 Potatoes (I've done it with big potatoes, baby potatoes, sweet potatoes and Mediterranean potatoes and they were all delicious!!)
1 handful cherry tomatoes
6 bone rack of lamb
1 handful kalamata olives
1 small handful garlic cloves (I've forgotten this once or twice and you won't notice the difference!)
 Sea Salt and Black Pepper
a few sprigs of rosemary
olive oil


Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (I have no idea how to do a superscript in blogger!!)
Boil the potatoes in salted water (I've used leftover potatoes a few times - baby ones)
Sear the lamb in a little olive oil to seal and brown - this is imperative! You will thank me when you eat it... Crush the potatoes into the lamb juices and fry a little. Mix in the (pitted) olives, cherry tomatoes, rosemary and seasoning. Transfer into a roasting dish and place the lamb on top. Roast in preheated oven for 40min. Allow to stand for a few minutes before cutting into portions and serving. Jamie says it serves 4 but I'd say you need at least 2 bones per person. I make this size serving for two and there's one portion left over for lunch.








No comments:

Post a Comment